; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Inner Sphere News Thread  (Read 26815 times)  Share 

Cannonshop

Re: Inner Sphere News Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 02:38:36 AM »
From The Edge, Health News...

"...study shows elevated rates of mental illness among survivors of Flu infection, with former infectees showing nearly four times the normal mean population percentage of depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal ideation...experts note that this rate exceeds prior data on traumatic stress disorder among military personnel.  Medical studies are under way to determine if Arluna Flu leaves lasting neurological damage..."

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
INN
Terra

Hegemony Elects New Director General

On Terra, the Terran Advisory Council has finaly elected a leader to replace the late Anton McKenna.  Warner Mendoza-Hasegawa of Sirius, a little known figure before this election, defeated candidates from Terra Ferma and the Terran Millitary.

The new Director General made only a short statment, stressing his determination to defend the Hegemony and its ideals, and answered no qustions before leaving to meet with his advisors.  A further statement is promiced for later in the week, and will be broadcast on INN.

Dave Baughman

• Dux Bellorum
  • Senior Lieutenant
  • Four Seals Remain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
REDSHIRTS MURDER MORGAN KELL
Arc-Royal Stands Alone, Defies SLDF

23 October 3069 (INN - OUTREACH)

In a late-breaking development, INN can now confirm earlier reports that paramilitary group known as the Association of Tharkad Martyrs has executed their high-profile hostage, former Archduke Morgan Kell. Responding to the killing, SLDF sources report that the Defense Forces intends to withdraw all forces from Arc Royal, leaving the breakaway Arc-Royal government to their fate at the hands of the Clans.

Responding to the news, General Maeve Wolf - speaking from an undisclosed location on the Clan front - commented:

"General Wolf had many friends in the Terran Hegemony. Wolfnet is investigating the circumstances of his killing, and I can say with confidence that the cowards who chose to murder an old man to blackmail the SLDF will be brought to justice... or justice will be brought to them."

Former Archduke Kell, once a leading political figure in the Lyran Commonwealth, fell from grace with the Lyran state during the Zhongshang salvage scandal and the subsequent flight of the Kell Hounds from Lyran space. Despite the Kell family's infamy in the Commonwealth, Morgan Kell and his associates have close ties with the Wolf Dragoons of Outreach, where the Hounds' earlier military exploits in the first Clan War are held in high regard.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

• Dux Bellorum
  • Senior Lieutenant
  • Four Seals Remain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »
WOLF: DRAGOONS BACK IN BUSINESS
MRBC to announce new listings in days

30 October 3069 (Voice of Truth) - OUTREACH

In a surprise announcement, General Maeve Wolf has announced her intention to resign from the THAF in order to supervise the formation a new Wolf Dragoons Corps.

"In these dark times," said Wolf, "every loyal citizen of the Terran Hegemony must do their utmost to contribute to the defense of our nation. What Wolf's Dragoons does best is fight as mercenaries - and that is how we will once more bring the war to the Clans."

Acting with unusual swiftness, the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission has already given final approval for operating licensences for five Wolf Dragoons mercenary commands which are currently assembling on Outreach. Unconfirmed reports indicate that the first of these commands may be ready to accept contracts within days.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

• Dux Bellorum
  • Senior Lieutenant
  • Four Seals Remain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »
ILKHANS ORDER FOR GENOCIDE: REVEALED

31 October 3069 (The Starling Report)

Helloooooooo Rim Worlders, looks like its time to start shopping for that new home on Robinson. Why? Because Diana Pryde doesn't like you. She doesn't like you a lot. Don't believe me? Read the order yourself. Where did I get it you ask? Well, lets just say a lot of Clan butt got kicked on Morges and they left a few things behind they shouldn't have.

SECRET ALPHA GOLD
GENERAL ORDERS FOR ALL COMMANDS ALL CLANS
TO: ALL GALAXY COMMANDERS
SUBJECT: DISPOSITION OF AMARIS BLOODLINE

THE WATCH HAS DETERMINED THAT SOME ELEMENTS OF THE RIM WORLDS REPUBLIC POPULATION MAY BEAR
THE ACCURSED BLOOD OF AMARIS THE USURPER. AS ALL RECORDS OF THE USURPER WERE DESTROYED THERE
IS NO REPEAT NO RELIABLE DNA TEST FOR THE TAINT.

FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLE OF THE GREAT FATHER ALL MEMBERS OF THE AMARIS BLOODLINE SHALL BE PUT TO
DEATH. AUTHORIZED METHODS OF DISPOSITION ARE:

FIRING SQUAD
HANGING
DEATH BY STARVATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH HARD LABOR
LETHAL INJECTION
EJECTION INTO VACUUM

DUE TO THE INABILITY TO FILTER POPULATION FOR AMARIS BLOODLINE ALL RESIDENTS OF RIM WORLDS REPUBLIC
REGARDLESS OF PERPORTED BLOOD HERITAGE ARE TO BE CONSIDERED AMARIS DESCENDANTS. NO EXCEPTIONS
ARE ALLOWED TO THIS ORDER.

THIS ORDER IS NOT TO BE DISSEMINATED TO FREEBORN PERSONNEL.

DIANA

So I don't know about you, but I'm cancelling this year's vacation on New Apollo.

Disclaimer: INN does not fund, produce, or exercise editorial control over the Starling Report. The opinions expressed on this program are not those of INN, Our Blessed Order, or the Terran Hegemony government.

DXM

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 02:00:21 AM »
An Open Letter to the Star League

First Lord Undomniel, Lords of the Star League, and Citizens of the Inner Sphere,

Greetings.  I wish that my words, as they have so often in the past, will request peace amongst us.  That noble purpose must now be set aside, for the evil of the Clan way of life has once more raised its ugly head.

I know that some of you revile me, my nation, and the patriots who have made it possible, but even the most callous and hard-hearted of our opponents in the Inner Sphere know that genocide is wrong.  The whispers of Auschwitz and Landsberg may be lost to many of us, but the screams of Elbar and Kentares still ring in our collective mind, and not one of us should ever seek to see such a horrible event occur ever again.

Yet this is exactly the threat that now hangs, like the Sword of Damocles, above the necks of all the people who have raised the flag of the Republic.  The enemy of us all has ordered the deaths of every man, woman, and child in the Rim Worlds Republic.  And for what?  To eradicate a taint that does not exist!  The Usurper and all his ilk are long dead, even their bones now gone to ashes and dust, yet still the Clans seek to punish the free peoples of the Republic for the terrible actions of one insane man.

We are not the Republic of Amaris.  We are the land of the free, a home to the brave, and we will never bow down to the tyrants from beyond that seek not only our conquest -- but our annihilation!  I am asking now that all of you set aside whatever disdain you may have for the Rim Worlds Republic and hear our plea.  The Clans are not coming for us -- they are already here.  Our military will fight to the death in the defense of our people, but we are outnumbered.  I ask the Star League Council, and the First Lord who watches over us all, to send whatever aide you can. . . and if you do not, you are just as culpable in the mass-murder of my people than those who pulled the trigger.

Daphne Rowe
President pro-tem
Rim Worlds Republic
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:02:06 AM by DXM »

august

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
More Violence in Arc-Royal Zone
Source: Newswire Tharkad

It's becoming more and more difficult to get reliable news out of the Duchy of Arc-Royal, what with their erstwhile "Estates-General's" draconian media control and the lot of cretins, cronies, and sycophants who grant them muscle. Nonetheless, one couldn't see their much-vaunted "Dissolution Act" going over well, even in their own territories. One may not know exactly what the pseudo-Estates may think it's doing, but it's clear that they were going to set off a powder keg in their own backyard when they issued it. Isolated reports that have emerged, along with a few video feeds, show Arc-Royal loyalists violently in conflict with the house forces of local nobility and their supporters. If the opposition has reached that point, we can only assume that economic disruption accompanies; the nobles aren't letting their assets be nationalized quietly.

Most disturbing, perhaps, is the identity of the attackers in an isolated estate raid on Pandora. Video delivered to Tharkad shows a number of red-jacketed infantry backed up by a collection of tanks. These are presumably units loyal to the "Association of Tharkad Martyrs" rather than to the state itself. How they got their hands on military equipment is an open question that remains disquieting.

august

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
Who is Jurgen Tanuyama, really?
November 2, 3069 (The Starling Report)

If you're unfortunate enough to be living in the totalitarian nightmare that Arc-Royal has become, you know the name Jurgen Tanuyama. Even if not, you may have seen some of the posters going up across the Commonwealth advertising the patriotic butchers who call themselves the "Ass-ociation of Tharkad Martyrs." You've seen Tanuyama's signature on these things... but then that's all you've seen, right? The Estates General might not make its sessions public, but most of the fraudulent delegates are still known figures, even those that aren't publicity hounds. Not this guy. Not a single public appearance. Delegate Timkovichi indeed - I asked around, and not one native of that backwater can attest having heard of this guy before Mulcahy set up shop on Arc-Royal. Lest you think that this is just another case of a body being called in to replace a corpse on Tharkad, the delegate from Timkovichi, one Angela Pouris, wasn't on Tharkad when the bang went off. Of course, she's not been seen since then.

So who is this guy? The answer isn't all that clear. A reliable source traced the name back to Praditz: that's right, the guy was an FRR native, and fled from the clan threat to the FedCom in 3049. According to official records, he got a job with the Lyran Alliance after Kathy dissolved the FedCom in '57, as "Assistant Agricultural Minister" on Timehri. Not a single document attests his actually doing the job, but he must have been working hard, right?

So I ask you, who is the leader of the Martyrs? Or maybe even more frightening: is the leader of the Tharkad Martyrs? Or did someone just borrow a dead refugee's name? Do they really expect us to believe that this group of "patriots" could be lead by someone who wasn't a born Lyran citizen? If you aren't asking these questions, you need to be. Did whoever is really behind these Martyrs create their namesake? I can't say for sure now, but rest not-too-assuredly that we'll be digging up every forgotten archive to find out.

Disclaimer: INN does not fund, produce, or exercise editorial control over the Starling Report. The opinions expressed on this program are not those of INN, Our Blessed Order, or the Terran Hegemony government.

Deathrider6

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
SNN 05 NOV 3069

Tragedy on Skye.

Duchess Hermoine Aten was killed two days ago while departing from a Skye sponsored rally in support of the Commonwwealth. Investigators have declined to comment and no organization has taken resposibility for this outrageous act. We will follow this story as it develops. Security has been heightened and travel while still allowed will take slightly longer due to increased customes inspections and security checks.

Cannonshop

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 05:58:13 AM »
News from the Edge, November.

Rumours of increased bandit activity along the periphery border continue to gain steam.  Recently witnessed, the departure of a Kowloonese Coast-Guard task-force comprising several ships, including two carriers and a support element.  Word has it they found something out there, and sources on Kowloon have confirmed the delivery of condolence messages to surviving family members.   News From the Edge has obtained one such letter, and unusually, while it mentions "Death in combat action", the specifics of who the deceased were fighting, as well as where, are omitted.

Embassies from two additional Clans-the Ice Hellions, and the Steel Vipers, have arrived at Arluna. 

Some of our boys may be coming to your neighbourhood-the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit of the 2nd Division has shipped to a garrison posting far from their homeworld, accompanied by a small Navy task-group.  The press-release says 'garrison' mission, but when Inarcs' largest and most famous military unit diverts from coming home to go far away, it looks more like they're going out to start a fight.  The interdictions are making rumours fly...

Deathrider6

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »
SLUG: ESTATES GENRAL IN SEESION AND GET'S DOWN TO BUSINESS.

The Estates General conviened on Tharkad two days ago and has gotten down to business with a vengeance. The Assembled Delegates voted and passed nearly half a dozen pieces of legeslation most notabley the reaffimation of the Lyran Commonwealth along with the recognition of two of the Commonwealtrh's neighbors. Recognition of a third was delayed on the floor. The RWR and "Adder Commonwealth" were the two new nations recognized. The UIW was tabled on the floor after heated debate. The three major treaties with the TH,SL, and FWL were re-ratified and the Commonwealth awaits recognition of that fact from the SLHC. The question now is who is going to assume the throne? With the Estates General back in business only time will tell.

Duke Robert Kelswa Steiner appears to be the odds on favorite his position is even more likely since his arrival on Tharkad last week. Speculation is rife regarding the validity of  Charlemange Steiner's Claim especially in light of the news of Adder recognition. Little has been heard from the candiate fraom Arc-Royal but developments there have put the validity of her claim in a cloud of uncertainty.

Regent Nondi Steiner was unavailable for comment.

august

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
Arc-Royal designates Caledonia "International Zone," Closes other borders
Source: INN

The Lyran world of Caledonia, previously unaligned in the struggles for the Lyran throne, was captured earlier this month by forces loyal to the Estates General on Arc-Royal. While many feared that the province's oppressive grasp would extend to the other side of the Commonwealth, this does not seem to be the case. Lyran forces ended martial law after a scant two days and by order of their government, have designated Caledonia an international world. According to the edict, all states of the Inner Sphere are asked to use Caledonia as the site for diplomatic contact with Arc-Royal; no further foreign presence is to be allowed in the Duchy proper.

A-R has offered substantial holdings to the FWL and to any other state that cares to establish itself on the world (the other Lyran fragments are presumably not invited). Also, the world has been exempted from a number of business taxes with the hopes of inviting investors to the planet and to Arc-Royal as a whole. Only time will tell if anyone is willing to put faith in this fragile and brutal government.

Deathrider6

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 04:02:31 AM »
TBC,SNN,DBC Joint broadcast.

In a stunning turn of events Newly elected Archon Robert Kelswa Steiner sent a firey message to the Clans today.

"You claim to be the inheritors of Kerensky, You claim to be the decendants of the Star League.
   Yet you attack the one nation that supported Aleksandr Kerensky during his fight against the Rim Worlds Republic and the devil Amaris. Yes you have succeeded in shattering the Commonwealth in your crusade to rid the Inner Sphere of the Blood. Yet you let the cancer known as the Rim Worlds return. At our expense. You continue your crusade against the blood over the destruction of a single city in spite of the fact that the Rim Worlds used a bio weapon meant for you against us and killed ten billion people.

Is this the legacy you wish? Do you want the people of the Inner sphere to revile you as they do the butcher Amaris? I pray that this is not the case.  You want to rid us of the Blood yet you fail to see the forest around you. You would rather look at a single tree. I have a suspicion that even your revered founders would be appalled at what you have accomplished in your Grand Crusade.
  I will remind you again of the fact that the Lyran Commonwealth supported Aleksandr Kerensky and the SLDF during the campaign to liberate Terra. It is unfortunate that he did not allow the Archon at the time to finish off the Rim Worlds. Now we are in the unfortunate position of having to wage war against not only the Clans and their short sightedness but the realm that YOUR actions cause to return.
  Will you continue your present course of action or will you destroy the cancer that threatens us all? The choice is yours. I will fight to defend my realm against ALL enemies be they Clan or Rim Worlders.
  I await your response."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:04:36 AM by Deathrider6 »

JediBear

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
An unusual direct response from Rasalhague, by Khan Athena Kabrinski of the Ghost Bears.

"Robert Kelswa,

Your House voted to send the Regular Army away, thus giving Amaris the only opening he needed. Your House offered precious little support when the Great Father led the victorious Regular Army back to cleanse the cancer at Terra's heart. Today, your House bars the Regular Army's way when it strives to cleanse a new cancer from the heart of Terra.

We understand that you know little of the ways of honor and that it must seem incomprehensible to you that we would continue a war against those who defiled our honor hundreds of years ago and who continue to threaten our very existence before helping you with your internecine quarrel. We are not unsympathetic to the vast loss of life your people have suffered, but we can do nothing for you:  the simple fact is that until we have put our own house back in order, we can not help correct the failings of yours. As long as you continue to allow Terran fleets unfettered passage through your systems while at the same time barring our movement through the same, we cannot help you.

The House of Steiner is not our house, it is your house, and you should attend to its cleaning."

Deathrider6

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
1/20/3070

DBC/SNN/TBC- A message to the Lyran People.

My fellow citizens,

The govenment on Tharkad has been re-established and the Estates General is back in session. We are rebuilding. All worlds in the region encompassing Skye and Donegal have been invited to send representatives to join the Estates General. Arc-Royal has refused to do so much less contribute to the reformation of the Commonwealth. Any worlds who have not acknowleged the Tharkad Government are now considered to be in revolt against the Lyran state. No military support or federal aid will be forth coming. Resistance to FWL forces acting in the interests of the Commonwealth will not be tolerated. All lands,titles and commercial property of nobles in revolt are forfiet. Any world's populace that wishes to remain citzens of the Lyran Commonwealth must message Tharkad within seven days of this message. Any military forces present are ordered to invoke martial law until such time as a stable government may resume day to day rule and must message Tharkad of their intent to support the Commonwealth with in seven days or be branded rebels and destroyed.

In a surprise move this message was released to all affiliates.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:09:13 PM by Deathrider6 »