; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Away thread  (Read 18051 times)  Share 

NVA

Re: Away thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 08:14:42 AM »
Effective immediatetly, I am resigning from the game.  It just is not fun anymore.

NVA

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:18 AM »
Effective immediatetly, I am resigning from the game.  It just is not fun anymore.

I am going to go ahead and work through this cycle to help the GMs out.  I don't want to leave them in a lurch.

Dave Baughman

• Dux Bellorum
  • Senior Lieutenant
  • Four Seals Remain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
Guys, for obvious reasons please include the GMs on any correspondence directed to the Wolves or the SLDF (of course, you would do so anyway, right;))
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 01:32:21 AM »
Terrably sorry to have been inactive so long, and with out notice.  Some crazyness has been afoot.  As it is, while at least I can get back on line, it will be most likely into next month before I can be active again.  I'll update and explain as I can.

Hope you all are having fun!

IM

Marlin

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 06:27:11 AM »
Noooo!

Come back soon, man.

GraeGor

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »
Terrably sorry to have been inactive so long, and with out notice.  Some crazyness has been afoot.  As it is, while at least I can get back on line, it will be most likely into next month before I can be active again.  I'll update and explain as I can.

Hope you all are having fun!

IM

I sincerely hope that whatever is happening is not serious, take care and we'll keep the IS burning for you in the window to lead you back

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
Its been no one thing.  More like a perfict storm of little things. 

As you all may know, I've got a son who's now a year and a month old.  Well, he caught his first little cold at the start of the month as a little bug swept through our families.  Near as we can tell, he got it first (though how is a mistery, since he dosen't go out) and I got it from him and gave it to my wife, who caught it right at a low ebb in her immune cycle and got hit like a hurricane.  The resualt was a lot of time taking care of people and my self, some missed work, and that sort of thing.  Wouldn't have been so bad, except that coencided with a computer falure, and right before a big family vacation.  The resualt was that we were low on usable funds and desperate to get better quickly, and the computer, and so this game, simply got put off.  Eventualy, I got first the system and then the internet working and was able to pop on to check in, but the main reason was to get the internet airline check in up, and we've spent the last week in the sun on a very much needed (and wonderful) vacation. 

So, now I'm back.  At least in the sense I'll be on line.  I've still got 120 or so PMs to look through (most I can probably pass over, but we'll see), along with the month's posting. 

I've also seen first hand how it is to be away from the game for a month.  Sure, some of it I was misrable with dissese, but much of the time it was just fine.  Nice not to worry, to be able to spend time with my son.  And I think that as a resualt over the next turn or two I'm going to really try and back off from this.  I still want to be around, don't get me wrong.  I love the story, I love the people (most of them, most of the time  ;) ) and I want to keep up with that.  But I also remember why I steped down from faction leadership in the first place, and I'd like to do that again. 

I'll freely admit here that I bit off more than I could chew.  I longed in some ways for the old days, though I could have my old life and my new one at the same time, and I was wrong, and I let people and the game as a whole down in some ways.  My grand plans to RP out Randis feel by the way side, even as the awaited and planned for oppertunity for a last stand came and went.  My triumphant return to the Mandrills to try and save them and the cherictors and the faction I'd worked for over so many years did come off, but with little transpariancy, with little RP, and with the crash of my computer still no fully updated orders (sorry Dave, I've got some half done ones I pulled from emails, but that's it).  I though it would be better for the game to have someone, anyone, running this factions than no one, and maybe I was right.  But maybe I was not.

That said, if anyone wants a share of anything I have going on, let me know.  I'll probably say in the Adders, since there's almost no work for me to do there (Dis and Grae handle it on their own quite nicely, so I can just RP when I feel like it), but I'd love to see the Camels find a good home with someone who wants them, and Randis in exile could certanly offer some fun oppertunities (I've got ten great stories in my head and no time or energy to tell them).  I'll even speak with the GMs about the latest role I've taken on at some point.

In the intrest of full disclosure, I should note that some of this will serve to free time for the long awated sixth edition of the FGC over on the other boards.  I don't want any supprises.  But, at the same time, I hope to apply the lessons I've learned from this game about the value of my time there as well.  The days of a very active IM, one who can run several factions and generate pages of RP, are likely gone for good, or at least for the next few years untill the kids are all in school and I've got more free moments.  But this game is new and offers some exciting elements, and it too is something that I want to try and be a part of. 

PM me if you have anything to say, though don't be supprised if it takes a while for a responce.  Or just post here or the sign up thread if you want one of my jobs.

Marlin

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »
I dont want more jobs.

Just to say this: Good that you are back on track. Bad that you are going to cut that much away, but well, its just a game. :P

And damn, why do kids need so long to grow up??  :(

Anyway, good to know.

Fatebringer

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 04:54:52 PM »
Actuall it's better that that they grow up, babies don't have immune systems worth a damn :P Definately worth getting the insurance on the new model Mongoose.

If I didn't have so much on my plate, I'd offer to update the orders for one turn for you, but alas, I have FGC: CSR, FS orders, and FP: CSR, CJF, CWIE, FS, MTC, RD, SHAFT, and Antagonists orders to do WHILE rebuilding the CBT S7 Game, and I DO want to make my Oct 15th release date for that.

august

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
I don't know if I have enough time to pick up another faction wholeheartedly, but I'd gladly do what I can to help keep the Camels from falling into the oblivion of inactivity.

Fatebringer

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
I've seen you at Arc Royal...I can see you as a Hellion.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »
Fate, want some help with the FP factions? DC isn't really doing much involving the Clans, so I could help u on that front.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

august

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
I need a breather. I'll get my threads up by the deadline, but otherwise a small break is in order.

august

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
After giving it some thought, I've decided to resign from the game. As it stands, my combination of having strong opinions and my tendency to take things personally after a certain threshold of frustration has, I think, compromised my ability to contribute positively to the game. I hope only that in attempting a graceful exit, I can ask that others excuse my less than graceful moments during my time playing. Thanks to the GMs and all of those who made this an enjoyable experience; if the game has become less than such for me lately, it's my fault alone. Best regards to all.

Dave Baughman

• Dux Bellorum
  • Senior Lieutenant
  • Four Seals Remain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
After giving it some thought, I've decided to resign from the game. As it stands, my combination of having strong opinions and my tendency to take things personally after a certain threshold of frustration has, I think, compromised my ability to contribute positively to the game. I hope only that in attempting a graceful exit, I can ask that others excuse my less than graceful moments during my time playing. Thanks to the GMs and all of those who made this an enjoyable experience; if the game has become less than such for me lately, it's my fault alone. Best regards to all.

:( I'm sorry to hear you reached that decision, August - we all enjoyed playing with you. I hope you'll still stick around the community even if you aren't playing in the campaign!
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

anything