; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Fan Council '91 Signup and Registration Thread  (Read 16128 times)  Share 

Cannonshop

Re: Fan Council '91 Signup and Registration Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 02:01:33 AM »
...Naturaly.

If there were some player who wanted a hand in the Adders, but needed a bit of help as far as RP and as far as getting the sense of where we've been and where we thought we wanted to go, I could surely stay on as a sort of Loremaster, or else act as a consualtant.

But, when it comes to making orders, when it comes to watching over combat and really supervising a faction in the sort of stretegic game that this game is fast becoming, that's not something for me.  So if there's none of that for the Adders, then I'll contribute to a faction that does have strong leadership, but could benifit from some RP and from other things I feel I can provide.

If nobody else steps up to do the boring book-keeping side, and you still want to play Adder, I'll volunteer for it, but I'd rather not, given the two factions I'm already dealing with as faction head.

I figure giving everyone till Sunday to decide if they want to walk into this situation is time enough.

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 02:11:10 AM »
Well, if you wished to take that on, I would think that my presense would ensure that for your Adder actions at least, you acted in the faction's best intrest and didn't let your UIW intrests or knolage exert too much influance.  Though you'd have to be your own check for the UIW and CC, naturaly.

Cannonshop

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 03:06:58 AM »
Well, if you wished to take that on, I would think that my presense would ensure that for your Adder actions at least, you acted in the faction's best intrest and didn't let your UIW intrests or knolage exert too much influance.  Though you'd have to be your own check for the UIW and CC, naturaly.

Still has to be cleared through Deathrider6, and I figure Sunday's a good deadline given the deadlines for everything else, but if he's good with it, and nobody else steps up...well, y'know.

Marlin

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:12:32 AM »
I would offer my service for the Adders as well although I would trust Cannonshop to have them of course.

IM: That would be the Hellions. :D

Deathrider6

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 03:15:46 PM »

Still has to be cleared through Deathrider6, and I figure Sunday's a good deadline given the deadlines for everything else, but if he's good with it, and nobody else steps up...well, y'know.

I will discuss this with you later this weekend CS.

Parmenion

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
I'm happy to take on the Adder paperwork and other stuff associated with them.  I've had a pretty good relationship with Grae, IM and Dis.   And I don't share a border with the Adders with my other factions, which I still believe should be one of the bedrock game rules.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
im personally against the idea of placing the GC under the control of 3 people. 2 people already have 4 votes each because of their 2 Clans. Thats bad enough
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 01:37:58 AM »
Well, truthfuly, that's only true of Marlin.  And, no offense Marlin, the Cats are perhaps the more poorly respected Clan of all, so he hasn't got that much more voice than anyone else.  The Ravo-Bears have enough players that they can act as a check on one another, and devide that power more evenly.  And, if Parm or CS or Marlin or anyone else took over the Adders, that would alow me to remain on as Amy Lynn, so any prospective Adder would only gain one vote, and there would be an IC and OOC check on that vote.

That said, if you know of a player that isn't already a Khan who would want to take the job, by all means encourage them to apply for the opening.

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 01:51:37 AM »
As far as Parm goes, I would happily work with him.  He's been in the game as long as I have (longer?) and we get along very well.  More over, the MoC and Adders have cooperated for years, so he knows a bit about the faction and he has its best intrests at heart already.  With the Horses in the OA, there's minimal conflict of intrest in that area.

Parmenion

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 02:57:46 AM »
im personally against the idea of placing the GC under the control of 3 people. 2 people already have 4 votes each because of their 2 Clans. Thats bad enough

Bad enough?  How about 2 votes in the shrinking Star League Council for you. 

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 04:49:15 AM »
The Lyrans are not currently a part of the Star Leauge, one of the many reasons being because I don't feel like dealing with exactly that sort of situation. I'm still firmly against placing a Clan player in control of another Clan faction.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:53:17 AM by Daemonknight »
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Marlin

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 05:37:26 AM »
I think Parm would be (of all the few) the best choice for this. At least ad interim.

Parmenion

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 09:02:20 AM »
And I'm still firmly against player run factions sharing common borders.  But it's happening. 

I've put my offer on the table and will wait on the actual GM to make any decision.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
Who is sharing a bored between their factions? None of the Clans are, and the LA and FS don't share a border either.

Deathrider6

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
IF and I mean IF Cannonshop was to take stewardship of the Adder's paperwork the Adders and CSA/SACS share a common border. I am still debating how I want to deal with the current situation. I should be speaking with Cannonshop today. I know that both Parm and CS could and would do a very good job of being impartial and protecting the Adders interests. As Parm said it is a GM decision I will be making that soonest.

anything