; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 87501 times)  Share 

Fatebringer

Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
Also, I understand that 1RP builds approximately 1FP of Medium Mechs, just not sure if that`s for a Trinary or Cluster, and if there`s a modifier if said Trinary/Cluster is other than Med...ie, would a Heavy/ Assault Trinary/Cluster effectively cost more and would a Light be cheaper/or effectively grant you more (ie, 1RP = 1 Light Trinary/Cluster + another Light Binary for example)

The following is what I created for myself to figure our FP use for Megamek engagement. One of the first errors you're working from is that 1 RP get's you 1 Light Binary, not a Medium.

GraeGor

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
oops

I was going off this from the rules thread
Force Points

One Force Point (FP) of ground forces is approximately equivalent to one company of Inner Sphere Standard Medium 'Mechs.

I concluded that one IS company was roughly equal to a binary (yeah, had that mixed up), and presumed that medium was medium regardless of tech base

and still looking at that particular post I get moderately confused the further down I read

Marlin

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
I did my units always by thumb. If there is a Cluster at 10 FP, there can still be one at 15 or even more. Less FP means either missing strength or very weak units (BV-wise). Example, a pure Infantry Cluster would be close to zero :D. A Vehicle Cluster with heavy and high-BV vehicles can climb over 20 FP, depending on how many units you want. There is no real hard rule on the limit other than common sense and the above mentioned 1 FP=1 Company thing.

Kern

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
If anyone is looking for a backup to help run a faction, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Marlin

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Got a question about the NewGrange (and other Yardships)

In the rules, you have to pay for extra 48 FP. It is written like this. FP. Now, how do I depict it in the Sheet? The base cost is 1.75 for a NewGrange, does it get the 48 as well?

Or just the 1.75 FP?

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:22 PM »
just the 1.75, you're paying for the shipyard inside the warship, but it's combat value doesn't increase
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
ok. Could you modify the rules then to depict that clearer?

It reads quite confusing.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
*points at DR*

He's the GM, I just work here
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Parmenion

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »

*points at DR*

[On behalf of DR6]

The cracking of a whip. 

"Back to work, serf!"

:)

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
Help! HELP!!! I'm being repressed!

Deathrider6

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »
I'll post a clairifaction of the FP value in the rules thread but for information purposes a Company of mechs is approximately equal to a binary of clan units of the same weight.

Deathrider6

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »
*points at DR*

Lemme fix that Daemon...."I just work LIVE here"....I'm just kidding of course but you have the time that even I do not. Your work here has not gone unnoticed.  I appreciate all that you have been doing.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
No worries. I happen to be the only unemployed person on the boards who has a valid excuse not to go looking ;)

GraeGor

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 12:52:22 AM »
Just to make sure Im somewhat understanding the Construction: 1RP builds 1FP of a Medium Mech Formation. an Elite Medium Formation would equate to a cost of 1.5RP. an Assault Formation costs 1.75RP and an Elite Assault would 3.25RP (1.5 for Elite + 1.75 Assault, equals modfier of 3.25 to Base 1FP/RP??)

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »
You cannot build Veteran or Elite formations, the only way to get them is to train an existing unit. This applies to Warships aswell, and veterancy cannot be traded between units/warships.

Okay, so here is an example of building a Cluster:

1 Assault Mech Trinary(3 FP)
2 Heavy Mech Binaries(3.5 FP)
1 Light Mech Trinary(1.5 FP)
1 Clan BA Trinary(.5 FP)

Total FP strength: 8.5

So, it would cost 8.5 FP to build this Cluster. There's a nice little table in the rules that breaks this all down, by Tech Level, Weight Class, AND Formation. This Cluster would be Regular, because its just been built. If it gets into combat and survives(ie isn't reduced to 0 FP), it can be Trained to Veteran within 6 turns. Once it has become Veteran, if it survives 3 combats within a 6 turn time frame, it can be trained to Elite. Nothing can currently be trained higher than Elite.

A LFB Warship:
Aegis(Clan) is 11.75 FP. Because it has an LF Battery, it costs FPx10 to construct the warship(that's RP AND Construction Capacity). So to build that Aegis, you need 117.5RP, AND 118 Shipyard Capacity(118/3= 40 SYs to build in one turn, or multiple turns). If you added 10 FP of dropships and ASF to that warship, it would cost an additional 100rp + SY capacity(all FP marked as LFB Mobile has its costs multiplied by 10). You don't pay the multiplier on repairs to the warship itself. The ASF, once destroyed, must be replaced, and so those still incur the multiplier to replace.

A non-LFB Warship:
Mjolnir is 18.75 FP. No LFB, so it costs FPx6 to construct the warship. Mjolnirs therefore cost me 112.5 RP and SY Capacity. As before, adding ASF/Dropships incurs the x6 multiplier.

A Newgrange(because Marlin had the question before):
Because the Newgrange is essentially a SY inside of a Warship hull, you take the FP of the Newgrange itself(1.75 FP) + the SY cost(48) and multiply it by 6(non-LFB). 1.75 + 48= 49.75 * 6= 298.5fp to construct a Newgrange. ASF/Dropships added to a Newgrange follow the usual x6 cost to build and replace.

Its the exact same construction rules as 62, nothing has changed.

anything