[RP/MM] Turn 39: CIH vs LC Invasion Mississauga 1614 [completed]

Started by Marlin, May 09, 2010, 02:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

As expected, the Ice Hellions invaded the Planet.

(Invasion)

Marlin

Marlin

6 FP of Fighters clear the Landing Zone.

"I am Star Captain Hal Drake of Clan Ice Hellion! Surrender to our might or be destroyed!"

Dave Baughman

(OOC- SLDF forces are present in the system, but do not establish defensive interdiction or communicate with the Hellions - I presume you land ground forces and attack?)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

OP: Knowing better, but yes, they make landfall and attack.

Should be 5 FP of ground with 6 of fighters. As you know.

Marlin

"Drake, this is Alice. I think they have something bad for us. We do not know anything about them! If it is a trap, they did well and we have fallen for them. Better be careful."

"Understood. Just do the best you can. At least we have our Landing Zone secured."

OP Need the Enemy FP. Perhaps here I can do some MM.

Marlin

OP: Josh, can you post the next action of the SLDF?

And the strength of them.

This here could be MM worthy.

Dave Baughman

Kanji-sama tamé ni -- semehorubozé∼∼∼!!! Banzai! Banzai!

SLDF-badged troops emerge from hidden shelters and charge the Hellion landing zone as soon as the Clan forces exit their dropships.

Ryuken-roku   Mixed Brigade   Veteran   Questionable   48

Simple Res
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

*OOC geek note, that's Kanji spelled 幹事, meaning "coordinator," not spelled 漢字 ("Chinese ideographs")
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

D'oh, I caused a tamper flag while tweaking my grammer. I'll reroll if you want.

Marlin

OP: Well, if you would not mind, please roll again. I dont want to sound ungrateful though. I know you did not tamper. But I will take all opportunities to do a bit more damage. :D If you roll a 12, that will be epic as well. Anyway, wont matter much.

My Warriors will die in any case.
And the Coordinator is really spelled Kanji?
Damn those Dracs.

IC: "DAMN THOSE DRACS!" screamed Hal Drake. They were surrounded and had no chance. But they would fight like Warriors. Like Ice Hellions.

"Warriors, kill as much as you can. We shall die with honor here. Show no mercy. Slaughter them like sheep! Down with these betrayers of the true Star League! For the Clans! For our Clan! For our KHAN! ATTAAAAACK!" WIth that, his Hellion OmniMech charged right into the enemy lines. He would die here, but he would die with a light heart and fight his best battle, knowing that his Warrior's deaths would be avenged.

Roll while being outnumbered over 3:1 odds: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]

Marlin

OP: 3,25 FP damage.

IP: The Hellion forces fought like their namesake. Tearing into the wall of enemies, however, their lighter machines soon were shot to pieces by multiple Lances each. They had no chance. But their fury shall strike fear in the hearts of their enemies wherever they might be.

The Jumpships that brought them here got the messages from the ground. Seeing that there was no escape for their brethren, they soon prepared to jump and to spread the message to Command. That Ryuken-roku would meet their deaths soon. Or worse.

Dave Baughman

OOC - according to Jim Breen's WWWJDIC, my favorite Japanese language resource on the net:

幹事 【かんじ】 (n,vs) executive secretary; coordinator; organizer; person in charge of making arrangements; (P)

and... rerolling DC simple res:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Marlin

OP not even bothering to check that your 6 will have my boys (and girls) annihilated.

The rolls for salvage are your part, however.

The Chatterweb will see some news about this, though.  :)  >:(