[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 2 CSC vs MH - Pompey Invasion

Started by Marlin, July 18, 2011, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

Pompey was hit finally, it would be a fierce fight.

Daemonknight

Major General Alexi Borodin grunted tonelessly when the shrill alarms began sounding in the Lancers' complex. They were hardly surprised to find the Spirit Cats over Pompey, and but the Cats would surely be surprised with the reception they received. Borodin had been entertaining a few of the other military commanders at his command complex when the alarms sounded, and there was little in the way of excitement as the radar returns came back with what could only be an invasion fleet. The Lancers had been prepared for this moment for well over a month, ever since the fall of Alphard. Now Alexi looked around the room.

There was the Legion's local commander, as well as the Colonel in charge of the Citzen's Militia, largely a police force at this point, and nearly useless against the hardened veterans that any of the Clans could bring to bear. However, Alexi's ace in the hole stood off to one stide, idly watching the radar returns. He wore the uniform of a SLDF Major General, which put him 2 rank slots above Borodin's similarly named position. Borodin was simply an RCT commander, making the other man a Corps Commander at best.

"Looking forward to this I suppose, quiaff?" The SLDF officer merely smiled.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

GI Journalist

From his duty station the ComTech reported. "Sir, its official. Livia O'Reilly has released both Alphard Trading Corporation security forces and the Marian Legion to SLDF command. They await your orders."

Daemonknight

I don't have access to the SLDF force breakdown, but here is the MH and FS forces present.

Hegemony Forces:
Ala Alta Wing(10 FP)
Ala Audax Wing(10 FP)
3rd Limites Defense Fleet(32.5 FP)
4th Limites Defense Fleet(32.5 FP)

IV Legio(11 FP)
V Legio(14 FP)
IX Legio(22 FP)
Ballabala Militia(10 FP)
Addhara Militia(6 FP)
Algenib Militia(6 FP)
Marius' Tears Militia(10 FP)
Londerholm Militia(10 FP)
Ostia Militia(10 FP)
Pompey FTZ Security Force(24 FP)
Bronson's Horde(14 FP)

AFFS Forces:
1st Pompey Lancers RCT(44.5 Ground FP, 12 Aero FP)
2nd Pompey Lancers RCT(44.5 Ground FP, 12 Aero FP)

Total Defenders(not including SLDF forces):
Aerospace Defenders present- 109 FP
Ground Defenders present- 226 FP

CSC radiological sensors detect the presence of nuclear warheads among the defenders.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Deathrider6

SLDF Forces

Elements of Clan Nova Cat (in exile)

440FP  Ground
88 FP Aero

Daemonknight

At GI's request, I've got the MH forces under my control for this fight. If DR wants to keep the SLDF's reigns, thats fine, but I think he'll pass them off to me so he doesn't need to worry about it.

So, Marlin. Lets see what the Cats are packing here, 'eh?

Daemonknight

The FS and MH forces have no reason to believe you will care about anything they might say, and its quite obvious who is coming for them. If you hail the planet, you will be patched into the CIC, but no message is outbound to you, unless the SLDF contingent has something to say(thats upto DR, not me)

Deathrider6

The SLDF Forces remain silent while waitig for the battle to begin in earnest. (DK handle it).

Marlin

The Cats would turn tail as soon as they see the Aeromass. Especially if they see SLDF and or Cats and AFFS forces.

Rest assured, the contacts you see are not even a quarter of what is amassed on Pompey.

Daemonknight

Yeah, nice try. You don't get to peek at our forces on site before you choose your orders Marlin. Not a chance. Initiative check to determine who chooses their orders first, BEFORE you see what you're up against.

Coalition Initiative check:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

DK is correct Marlin. Roll initaitive. You win you get to choose to stay or run first. If you lose well running is an option but you will not get away scot free. DK will get a shot at you.

Marlin

I expected that. :)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

Marlin

Daemonknight

I was thinking tea and crumpets.

And by that I mean the entire ASF force is coming to kill you.

Forces please.