; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Pre-game Map Thread  (Read 13006 times)  Share 

Lord Harlock

Re: Pre-game Map Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »
A few things need to be updated on the map, which I have informed Chaos about. But otherwise the map should be ready to rock, and I will begin the process of inputting territorial data into the sheets once you guys get them in to me at emiller228@hotmail.com

currently, only Lord Harlock(FRR) has submitted his sheet.

Ära till den höga far!

chaosxtreme

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
Latest version of Pregame Map.

So yeah no more territorial change's before the game goes live. But if somethings broke let me know. There were a couple of things people asked for that I couldn't confirm in source. There were a couple of things that were a wash (move one control world from hex blah and give another control world to faction blah). Moving planet names from the last import doesn't work so well due to inkscape so that's why that didn't happen.

If you see something that's just hugely broken.

Hex # , What's wrong, cite source (note this field should be blank if its something like blue square is in the hex) <Return>

Makes it much easier to go through request's and to make sure things don't get missed and to vet things and to send things to DK that need a ruling.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Hvy7qg9vdYnhiSGowZ2wwY28

ThreeGees

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 04:20:03 AM »
Hex# 2832: Gei-fu and Relevow belong to the Capellan Confederation

Hex# 2734: New Westin And Hustaing belong to the Cap Con

Hex# 2934: St. Loris belongs to the St. Ives Compact

Source: http://home.ifi.uio.no/~oysteint/btech/3030.pdf (this is one of Oystein's Maps and he's the official mapmaker for CGL)

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 05:32:38 AM »
We won't be making those updates to the map. The net movement is -1 Member World to the FS, -3 MW/-1CW from the SIC, +1 MW to the SIC, +3MW/+1CW to the CC

these are minor changes, and not worth the headache it would cause Chaos to make them. Consider them a start of game gift for having the extra worlds.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Cannonshop

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
Latest version of Pregame Map.

So yeah no more territorial change's before the game goes live. But if somethings broke let me know. There were a couple of things people asked for that I couldn't confirm in source. There were a couple of things that were a wash (move one control world from hex blah and give another control world to faction blah). Moving planet names from the last import doesn't work so well due to inkscape so that's why that didn't happen.

If you see something that's just hugely broken.

Hex # , What's wrong, cite source (note this field should be blank if its something like blue square is in the hex) <Return>

Makes it much easier to go through request's and to make sure things don't get missed and to vet things and to send things to DK that need a ruling.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Hvy7qg9vdYnhiSGowZ2wwY28

Okay, why in frell am I getting the page for "Google Drive"??

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »
No clue...I clearly get Google Docs with mapturn0mark7
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

chaosxtreme

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »
Solved CS's problem through the power of SCI....open in a new tab.

Fatebringer

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »
We won't be making those updates to the map. The net movement is -1 Member World to the FS, -3 MW/-1CW from the SIC, +1 MW to the SIC, +3MW/+1CW to the CC

these are minor changes, and not worth the headache it would cause Chaos to make them. Consider them a start of game gift for having the extra worlds.

Can we at least acknowledge their ownership by the CC? For a realm our size, it WILL make a difference. Especially with two of my biggest Militia on two of those worlds. :P

Fatebringer

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »
Now that most of the names are on the map we can chime in.

Map Updates

The following World appears to be missing

Hex# 2730 - Yunnah - LC

The following names are still missing.

Hex# 2535 - Altorra, Claxton, Ito

The following Hex should be LC as every world in it shows to be under FedCom Control per the early maps on 3039.

Hex# 2531

The following was as sated per Absolom but I understand the desire for the GM's to not want to use half or contested hexes off the bat.

Hex# 2832: Gei-fu and Relevow belong to the Capellan Confederation

Hex# 2734: New Westin And Hustaing belong to the Cap Con

Hex# 2934: St. Loris belongs to the St. Ives Compact

Source: http://home.ifi.uio.no/~oysteint/btech/3030.pdf (this is one of Oystein's Maps and he's the official mapmaker for CGL)

As a "Just for the record" addendum to the above,

Hex# 2831 - Truth should be LC
Hex# 2631 - Raballa should be LC

Hugin

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:29 PM »

The following Hex should be LC as every world in it shows to be under FedCom Control per the early maps on 3039.

Hex# 2531

If the GM's approve I'm fine with that

As a "Just for the record" addendum to the above,

Hex# 2831 - Truth should be LC
Hex# 2631 - Raballa should be LC

you can keep them - they are member worlds and I like them with your hexes  8)

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
In short: no.

The ammount of effort it takes Chaos to move a planet is much larger than you might think. Alot of the world dots and names are linked together, so moving them is not as simple as "grab the word with the hand tool and move it over 2 inches". Sometimes that'll move every single world name on the opposite side of the map. He'd have to go back and re-do the entire map by hand, which isn't worth the effort.

For the time being, with the exception of Outreach, there are no split hexes because it causes too much confusion, and techniclly having any garrison on the world makes it contested and therefore useless to both factions. I realize that the extra .75 RP/turn might be desireable to the CC, but in this instance, its too much work to fix the discrepancy for the minor impact it would have.

Parmenion

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 07:39:59 AM »
Mmmm... tried for a couple of days now to open the latest map, but keep getting the following:

Sorry, we are unable to generate a view of the document at this time. Please try again later.
You can also try to download the original document by clicking here.

Any thoughts on how I can get around this?  Thanks.

Hugin

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
gimme your mail addy

I'll send it to you

Hugin

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
Hi Folks!

I came across my old FGC files and found the original .AI files that Sulla made back in the old days.

So with the OK from Daemonknight and Chaosextreme I went ahead and made a whole new map for the game

For you it does not look like much but for the Map guys it means that we can change stuff without any major problems, things are organized in the map, streamlined for hex elements,....

This map took me 7 hours of work today - so I hope you guys enjoy it :)

*waves*

Hugin

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx3pfLCNqo7vWGVieUY5SGVvN00

Bergie

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
Is there a higher definition of version of the map?  I'm trying to make out the planet names and can't really make them out on my computer.

anything