; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Fan Council OOC Thread  (Read 46627 times)

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fan Council OOC Thread
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »
This thread is for general OOC discussion concerning the FGC 39 game.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fan Council OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »
Hey guys, I'm finishing up the hex element allocations for the different factions, aswell as finalizing the military sheets. I can't input the territory tabs of the sheets untill I have your territory updates in, and I'm also waiting for the PF input. So the quicker we get that in, the better.

Also, feel free to start RP whenever you like, and soon I will be sending the Faction Heads their starting budget, so they have some cash to use for hiring mercenaries before Turn 1 actually starts.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Crunch

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
The rules posted under Fan Council '91 are the ones we're using correct?

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
Yes. They are a modification of the base rules the previous FGC ran off. I just didn't feel like going through and changing each individual post's header to '39 instead of '91, since there is only one game running right now anyways

Crunch

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
Got it just making sure.

The only question I have then is would the Cyclical Movement Pool refresh in turn 12 or 13?

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »
Cyclical MP pool refreshes every turn. The Permenant pool is what refreshes every 12 turns, and it will refresh on turns 12, 24, 36, ect...

Crunch

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
Cyclical MP pool refreshes every turn. The Permenant pool is what refreshes every 12 turns, and it will refresh on turns 12, 24, 36, ect...

Cool. Just checking.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
For those of you who are familiar with the rules, and for anyone who has read the first page before about 2 minutes ago, please make sure you go back an re-read all the rules to ensure you have them down. There have been some minor changes to various rules; for example, all factories in the current era are only able to build Intro-Tech formations, unless specifically noted on your faction sheet(each faction will have at least 1 location able to build the higher FP Tech I formations), hexes can only have 3 MFs and/or SYs in them(hexes that currently contain more cannot have them rebuilt or expanded untill the proper research has been conducted), FP funneling has been severely curbed, and there is now a mechanism to sell production capacity both to other factions, and also to transfer it within your own borders(for a price)

So please, everyone, go back and look through the rules, REALLY look, at least one more time. The rules as they are now written are final, and any further updates or oversights that I catch will be put into a Rules Update thread should it be required. I hope I won't need to, and I also hope we wont need to rewrite any rules for clarity, as they should be easily understandable.

ThreeGees

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »
Aquick scan of the rules leaves me with one early question, where can I find the record sheet used for submitting orders.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
I'm building them as we speak. They will be distributed once the map is finalized and I enter all of the territory information. All thats left is the AFFS Navy, and the LCAF. The sooner people get their territory disputes to chaos, the quicker he finishes the map, the sooner I get the finalized territory info input and pass out the sheets. If you don't have any issues with the map as it exists, please let us know so we arn't waiting on you.

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »
also guys, feel free to start your RP whenever you want. And everyone should have their pre-game funding PM in their message box, so get started on the bidding whenever you feel ready.

Parmenion

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »
DK.   I for one are a little hesitant to commit to bidding for a lot of mercs at this point in time until I have some idea of the cyclic income for the Suns. 

For instance, just looking at your bid for the Illician Lancers, it would cost C* approx 18RP per cycle.  If the Suns only generated 50RP per turn, then I'd be wondering if they are worth the cost.

Nother one.   If we do put a bid in for a merc unit, and another faction trumps it, can we put another bid in?  And are there any limitations in changing the original bid?

Daemonknight

• Imperium Magistratus
  • High Lord Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Yes, if your initial bid is defeated, you can counter it. And I think the FS is making more than 50 RP/turn, but thats fine. Thats also why every faction has a starting pool of cash that is exclusively used for mercenaries, which should be in your PMs. You cannot use those RPs for anything else. And it isn't taken out of your Turn 1 cash reserves either.

Parmenion

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
Yes, if your initial bid is defeated, you can counter it. And I think the FS is making more than 50 RP/turn, but thats fine. Thats also why every faction has a starting pool of cash that is exclusively used for mercenaries, which should be in your PMs. You cannot use those RPs for anything else. And it isn't taken out of your Turn 1 cash reserves either.

Mmmm... it's not so much the upfront cost.  it's more the ongoing cyclic cost that concerns me.  As I mentioned, C* will be shelling out 18RP per turn for the Illician Lancer (setting aside any upfront costs such as front loading).

GreyJaeger

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
Okay.. I may be dense, but how do you figure the actual costs for Mercs?

anything