; ?> allergic-dextral ; ?>

Author Topic: Raven Challenge  (Read 5566 times)  Share 

Fatebringer

Raven Challenge
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
I'm posting this here, because I know people look here ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The saKhan's Report

[A short, stout figure appeared at all the terminals all over the station, his Raven Mask pulled back revealing the saKhan Bryn Cooper]

Attention! The following exercises are designed to test the readiness of our fleet. Training exercised will be held at the Lum Naval Academy holochambers for full crew details.This is a Full Simulation! Each simulations will have evironemental hazards such as smoke, fire, collision and of course vacuum environments. Supporting Dropship Crews are to report to Level 5 and Fighter Trinaries to Level 9. We shall now begin the biddings. If your unit is selected, you will be with your Naval Star for each trail.

The Grand Council is current set to meet soon about a grave matter that may make this the last opportunity we will  have for these excercises for the forseeable future. So make it count as the leaders of all of our Bloodhouses will be watching. The heads of House Cooper, Lankenau, McCorkell, Shu and Sukhanov will be the adjudicators for these excersizes.  I expect the best from each and every warrior selected and so do the House Leaders. If you impress them, it will be noted on your Codex and will most assuredly affect future postings. That is all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone. Clan Snow Raven Players came up with a little scenario to pit Clan Snow Raven Naval crews against each other so that we can get some Megamek practice. We have set up this scenario at the new Clan Snow Raven forum.Our security on the site is pretty high to avoid spambots so PST to me if you choose to sign up and become a member so I can activate your membership to the board. The link is in my sig.

All rules about the challenge and balancing are listed in the Naval Challenges thread. We need at least 4 players to make this worth running. Hope to see you there.

Fatebringer

Re: Raven Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »
That was reposted from CBT. COM :P here is the Raven Site if anyone wants to join. Things are dead there too, Not like the old days before we lost our Moderator :( ((Tips hat to Albatross / Mattias)) We put a shark in charge and he lost our board during an update. :P This may be to get back at us for that whole sea fox thing, but I doubt it :P Anywho....

Clan Snow Raven Board

Marlin

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:55:25 AM »
Wont hurt to have another Forum account, I guess? :)

In the worst case, of course.

Fatebringer

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
Account access approved for posting.

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
I'm signed up for the Raven boards, too.  Though I don't know if I'll actualy play or not, you guys need a... what ever it is that I am... around.  The Mongeese were known to be ace pilots and very compitant warship fighters, so maybe one of thouse.

Marlin

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
Das troo. And a certain politically inept Ice Hellion Khan was said to be an Ace Pilot in his Visigoth. :)

I guess there are some others within the Clan that could be counted as such.

Arkansas Warrior

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »
Well, I was a member in good standing (if rather quiet much of the time) on the old Raven Boards, may as well join the new incarnation.  I've never played anything but the ground game, so I don't know that I'll participate, but I'll consider it.

Fatebringer

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »
Yeah, 16 of the 22 members have 5 or less posts, the other 6 have 261 posts to their names ;) Compare that to the 40,000 + Posts we had on the old board :P

Fatebringer

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
So far, it looks like we have 3 players for this :) Me, Foxx and McSlayer.

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »
I'd do it if I were any good at space games.  If we were fighting for best cluster, I'd take you all with the 1st Phalanx (my traditional Raven unit, though I'm not sure why) but in space... I'm more Mandrill-y.

Marlin

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
Does that mean more deadly?

Iron Mongoose

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »
I wish.  I've long claimed that the Mandrill fleet is the worst fleet of any major canon faction.  They've got seven ships, but they all suck.  Only the Spirits have fewer, four, but they are largely good designs, so I rate them higher.  And while the Payne-Bell-Grants may have three ships, the Sainzes get the shaft, the Mattila-Carrols make due with a Lola, and the Faraday-Tanaga get a (extreemly bad ass) Vincent.  So, for me, to be Mandrill-y in space is a bad thing, more than a good thing. 

Though we did ok in the FGC.

Marlin

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »
I would agree too. :) I guess more ships were built in the FGC than ever before.. or so.

The best ship for creating MP was btw, the Tracker. We did not build them deliberately but had 25 or so at the end. LAter I tried to build them with a reasonable throw weight around but most were for scout duty anyway, so we reached those numbers rel. fast. I liked those little buggers.

Arkansas Warrior

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
The Mandrills had a Potemkin.  Potemkins don't suck.  Speaking of which, the Tracker is better for creating MP?  How's that work?

Marlin

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »
It was a bit exploiting the system. It has 2 Docking Points and was cheap as shit with 0.25 FP. So you could build some numbers of them.