1 (20%)
Oh God No!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Astrokaszy Proposal  (Read 4820 times)  Share 

Crunch

Astrokaszy Proposal
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:38:34 AM »
So here's a pitch for the small scale Astrokhazy game I mentioned earlier. This is very rough but I'd like some feedback on the concept. What do you think could we cobble this into a simple easy to play game with a variable player base?

Setting Astorkaszy 3085.

Desert Fringe.

Basic Game Concept- Small factions fighting for control of a small region of Astrokaszy's desert fringe.

Factions-
Desert Raiders - Start at Oasis (May Evade Combat on 9+)
Mercenaries - Start at forward operating base (+2 techs)
House Regulars - Start at grounded dropship(Canopian, Cappellan, Rim Commonality) (Dropship)
Petty Warlord - Start in City (City)

Faction Assignment-
Each player selects a faction choice. For each three players or fraction thereof who select a faction (except house regulars) a sub faction is created. Each subfaction is independent from all other subfactions of the same type. Each mercenary subfaction is an independent company etc. All players who select a given house regular faction are assigned to the same subfaction meaning that house regular factions can have more than three players.

Force Selection-
Each subfaction recieves 24 Force Points divided evenly among that subfaction's players.

Each unit selected is an individual unit available to the house/faction type according to the MUL.
Mercenaries (Mercenary)
Desert Raider (Pirate, Periphery General)
Petty Warlord (Periphery General)
Canopian Regular (Periphery General, Magistracy of Canopus)
Capellan Regular (IS General, Capellan Confederation)
Rim Commonality Regular (IS General, Free Worlds League (Rim Commonality))

Each FP represents an individual unit selected by the player.

1 FP Light Mech
2 FP Medium Mech
3 FP Heavy Mech
4 FP Assault Mech

.5 FP Light Vee
1 FP Medium Vee
1.5 FP Heavy Vee
2 FP Assault Vee

.25 Battle Armor Point
.25 Two Infantry Platoons

Intro Tech *1
IS Tournament Legal *1.5
IS Experimental/Advanced *2
Clan Tech *3

Green *.75
Veteran *1.5
Elite *2

Not on Faction List *2

Aerospace Unit or Aircraft *3 (ASF use mech cost *3, Coventionals use vee *3)
Artillery Capable *2

Multipliers are additive

Once all units are selected each subfaction nominates three units to be officers (In a full subfaction each player would choose 1). Officers provide +1 to initiative in megamek battles and may provide bonuses to other rolls.

Tracking

Units and Unit repairs are to be tracked with MekHQ. Money does not need to be tracked. All factions start with 4 techs (1 Green, 1 Regular, 1 Veteran, 1 Elite) and 1 doctor (Regular), Mercenaries start with two additional regular technicians. Technicians can be of whatever type the player chooses. All repairs are in the field unless otherwise noted.

Orders

Orders are to be submitted by spreadsheet. Each player is responsible for orders for his or her own forces although subfactions can make whatever arrangements they want for unified order sheets. Orders are due weekly. Units may be divided on the spreadsheet however players wish with the following exception. All units must be at least 4FP when created, although combat losses may reduce the force below this number.

Movement

Units may move a number of 200KM Hexes per day equal to their slowest units cruising or walking speed. Infantry and battle armor for whom transport capability is available do not slow the unit they accompany. ASF and conventional fighters may strike anywhere on the map, although they may not take part in more than one battle per day and must have an airfield to land at.

Battle

Megamek is by far the preferred method of conflict resolution, with damage tracked in MekHQ. Proxies are allowable and encouraged if a player cannot make a battle, although player objections will be considered. A battle occurs when more than one unit occupy the same hex and at least one party wishes to fight. Map size is set at double TW unless all parties agree to a modification of that average. If an aero unit or Artillery unit is involved double the base map size. Environmental conditions may be selected by mutual consent or according to global events. By default the last player with an operational mech on the map takes all salvage although other victory conditions may be set if both players agree. By default a player may flee through the map edge opposite his own.

A system for abstract resolution may be developed if there's call for it.

Hex Elements

Dropship- House Regulars get access to a small drop ship (Leopard or equivalent) as their starting ability. This dropship has two major effects on the game.
1) The Dropship provides 4 transport bays per day for repairs of damaged units.
2) The Dropship may, if not used for repairs, transport a unit up to 4 BASE FP (FP without multipliers) to any hex on the strategic map, arriving at the end of the turn after combat is resolved. These units do NOT fight on the round they arrive and can NOT seize hex elements until the end of the following turn.
3) The Dropship acts as an airfield.
The Dropship must have ended the previous turn in a strategic map ground hex to use either ability. While on the ground the dropship is treated as a hex element and may be captured. The dropship may move to any hex on the strategic map in one turn. The dropship may be represented in MegaMek using the grounded dropships option only when the dropship is under attack.

Forward Operating Base- The Forward Operating base acts as a repair and resupply point for Mercenary subfactions. The Forward Operating Base has the following effects.
1) The FOB acts as a Mobile Base for repairs of up to two BASE FP at a time.
2) The FOB acts as an airfield.
When attacking an FOB the players should choose appropriate terrain to represent an attack ion a fortified area.

City- The city is a simple adobe walled desert city state that houses a petty warlord. It gives the following advantages.
1) The City acts as a Mobile Base for repairs of up to 1 BASE FP at a time.
2) The City acts as an airfield.
3) If a unit of at least 4 FP spends its entire turn in the city without fighting or performing any other action the subfaction may roll on the city recruitment table. The presence of one or more officers adds 1 to this roll. Only one roll may be made per turn per city. 
1-7 No result
8-9 Disposessed Green Mechwarrior, ASF Pilot or Vee Crewman (choice)
10-11 Green Rifle Foot Infantry Platoon
12 A Flatbed Truck (LRM, SRM, MORTAR, ARMOR OR Standard) with a green crew.
13 Choice of a Galleon Light Tank with a Green Crew or a Quasit Militia Mech with a Green Crew.

Oasis- This desert caravanserai is the home of a band of raiders. It has the following effects.
1) The Oasis acts as a Mobile Base for repair of up to 1 Base FP at a time.
2) The Oasis acts as an airfield.
3) A unit of at least 4 FP that spends a full turn at the Oasis may recruit a green Motorized(Wheeled) Rifle Infantry platoon on a roll of 11+. The presence of an officer adds +1 to the roll.

Airfield- A simple landing strip and makeshift hanger.
1) The Airfield acts as an airfield.
2) Any unit including at least 1 Base FP of Infantry, or 1 Engineering Vehicle, Industrial mech or platoon of Combat engineers may construct an airbase instead of moving and fighting.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:46:38 AM by Crunch »

Arkansas Warrior

Re: Astrokaszy Proposal
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
Why Capellans and not Marians as House Rgulars?

Can we add in an FP value for MilitiaMechs/armed IndustrialMechs, or are they considered as BatteMechs for our purposes?

Crunch

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
Why Capellans and not Marians as House Rgulars?

Can we add in an FP value for MilitiaMechs/armed IndustrialMechs, or are they considered as BatteMechs for our purposes?

I tossed in Capellans just because they had some presence on Astrokaszy in the Jihad period. No objections to Marians as well.

Maybe a .75 Tech multiplier for Industrial Mechs?

Arkansas Warrior

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
Well, come to think of it there's also primitives to consider.  Maybe .5 for Industrialmechs (armed or not) and .75 for primitive Battlemechs.  That still has Indis on a level plane with vehicles, which probably isn't merited.  I mean, I'd probably take a Drillson against a Quasit(or worse yet, one of the armed BC Buster XV models out of Op Klondike), but against a CN9-H?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:33:49 PM by Arkansas Warrior »

Crunch

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
Well, come to think of it there's also primitives to consider.  Maybe .5 for Industrialmechs (armed or not) and .75 for primitive Battlemechs.  That still has Indis on a level plane with vehicles, which probably isn't merited.  I mean, I'd probably take a Drillson against a Quasit(or worse yet, one of the armed BC Buster XV models out of Op Klondike), but against a CN9-H?

How about industrial mechs and primitive vees use vee costs with a .75 Mod and Primitive mechs use Mech costs with a .75 Mod?

Arkansas Warrior

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »
Fine by me.

Crunch

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »
What about Support Vees? Same mod as primitive?

Fatebringer

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 08:17:09 AM »
The FMA (Free Men of Astrokaszy - Desert Raiders) approach like a desert twister!

Fatebringer

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:20:50 AM »
What does this mean?

"Multipliers are additive"

Fatebringer

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »
By default the last player with an operational mech on the map takes all salvage although other victory conditions may be set if both players agree.

I have issues with this. :P I was planning on using a lot of Dune Buggies. If a unit is 10 tons, can I get 2 of them for the price of one?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:12:28 AM by Fatebringer »

Crunch

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »
What does this mean?

If there is a *2 multiplier and a *3 multiplier then the total multiplier is *5.

Crunch

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »
By default the last player with an operational mech on the map takes all salvage although other victory conditions may be set if both players agree.

I have issues with this. :P I was planning on using a lot of Dune Buggies. If a unit is 10 tons, can I get 2 of them for the price of one?

Good catch. I should have said operational unit.

Fatebringer

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 12:21:08 PM »
What does this mean?

If there is a *2 multiplier and a *3 multiplier then the total multiplier is *5.

That would be too much of a modifier for that kind of unit. :(

When you said Addative I thought you mean...

Heavy Mech = 3
Standard Tech = + 1.5
Elite skill = + 3
Cost: 7.5 FP

versus

Heavy Mech = 3 * 4.5 = 13.5 FP

I'd rather take a Lance of Heavy IS Introductary than one Elite Standard Heavy because if I did it the other way, I'd wind up with a Lance instead of a Company +.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:22:39 PM by Fatebringer »

Marlin

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
I think thats what crunch wanted, though. Mechs on Astro are incredibly sparse, and high tech even worse, so.. I would go for the low tech Company rather than a shiny new Mech which you could not even repair (under real conditions)

Crunch

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
That's what I was thinking. Certainly the modifiers are open to tweaking, but my thinking was that lower tech and skill would be the norm.

anything