[RP/MM] Turn 41: TC vs. Dark Special Raid Neuhirchen [Hex 4234] *Complete*

Started by Jeyar, August 03, 2010, 06:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeyar

This is a raid, however the TC is mostly to kill the Dark and find information (and get resources from the Dark - like from their empty shells). It's not to gather RP from the PLANET. Kill Dark and find information. maybe salvage if we get lucky - it's not like the TC is going to have any luck with intelligence operations or winning battles with these ultra-scum.

Forces:
Summer Storm - 4.5 RP reg rel mech

LittleH13

Jeyar

Thank you also for allowing this thread to move forward.

My take of the raid table (since the max size of the defender is either what is avalible or on the percentage chart - which has a minimum percentage that when viewed vs. my forces is always going to use all the defenders) is that there is no need to roll for what "showed up" to defend - all 1 FP show up. Also the TC didn't try any fancy transit, so there is no need to roll on that chart either. As such, if allowed, I'm thinking we can proceed directly to SR since I don't think many would want to fight out a 4.5 to 1 battle. If that is the case in turn, then this is my roll (if okay) for the SR:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Jeyar

Try 2 for the crit roll. Willing to use the 5 (which is no crit) that somehow ended up on another thread or use this:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]
Since the GM needs to roll here anyway, they can make a call then.

LittleH13

The Dark combat roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

LittleH13

Dark crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

LittleH13

The Dark do 40% of 1 FP to the TC. Which is 0.50 FP after rounding.

Jeyar

So, with a 5% adder to the salvage roll:

.5 FP - (1.5 FP * (5% + [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]%) + .05 FP repair) = net loss of the TC

Jeyar

Looks like a net loss of .25 FP for the TC. With the Dark wiped out.

Not that I expect it with the new rules, but was there any intel or Dark-only items for the raiders to pick up? The effort wasn't to raid the PLANET - but to raid the DARK - so things like freeing the slaves, or finding out just where things are being sent would be wonderful...

Dave Baughman

In exchange for forfeiting the normal raid payoff, I'll give the TC a one-time +2 bonus on the new "Investigate" intelligence order if they want to use it against the Dark next turn.

Note that this is a one-off benefit, future raids like this may have different results.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.